Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The help section in the Turbotax company is not good. All i want is a CD mailed to me with my purchase online of the software.

I am unable to get a CD this yer from the store
3 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

The help section in the Turbotax company is not good. All i want is a CD mailed to me with my purchase online of the software.

In essence your company is sticking to no option for long-term customers

View solution in original post

I know you are trying to be helpful with the limited options you have .

I have been a TurboTax customer for over 10 year and am quite aware of the rules and limitations.

Normally I pickup my Premier CD editions at Shopper Drugs 

This year I have limited mobility due to a hip muscle issue which is why I asked the question to see how responsive the company is .

If one can package and ship CD;s to locations then that means you have lots on hand  or will throw away those that do not sell after the tax season. I was prepared to pay a shipping cost 🙂 

I do not use your online access for doing taxes for security reasons , my view.

Yes, my internet speed is quite capable of initial download and updates.

Regardless... I now know how flexible the company is 

Cheers

Robert Holloway 

We don't have any CDs to ship. They were all sent to whichever retailers are still selling them. We have not had an in house shipping department for several years now. 

You may want to look at the websites for Shoppers Drugmart  or other retailers as they may be able to ship you a copy of the CD through their own delivery services.

18 Replies

If you purchased TurboTax CD/Download directly from us, then unfortunately, we no longer mail out CDs anymore. 

You can download the current version of the TurboTax CD/Download installer here:  Choose the 2022 TurboTax edition you need (for Windows).

If they charged me for the CD I have no problem  I just feel Its a service removed from us  much like no direct support from the company itself. A community area is fine but the person replying can be anyone. Our internet service can be extremely slow so assuming such is wrong, A CD allows me to work from another country .

Cheers

You can download the software if you are outside of Canada. If your internet is slow, it may take some time, but once it’s downloaded, you only need to connect to the internet to receive updates, which are usually much smaller in size.

In the TurboTax community, while anyone can respond to a question, we have a team of Moderators and Community Champions who answer every question. We have the Moderator or Champion label under our names, and we are trained by Intuit. However, if you would prefer to talk to someone one on one, you can contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 or on Facebook or Twitter . They are currently open Monday to Friday, 9 AM to 6 PM ET.

True... but just like I take a real book with me to read away from ensuring device has power to read I like a CD in my hand I can load into any computer I use.  Thanks for the phone numbers

I have used Twitter prior and get fast response from an employee of Turbotax

I have used Turbotax for over 10 years with same id but get told I am a new member of the community ? Weird

In essence your company is sticking to no option for long-term customers

If you really want a CD, some 3rd party retailers like Costco or Walmart still sell boxes with the CD in them.

If your main issue is that your internet is slow, then having the CD isn’t going to help you much, as they were manufactured last year before the release of the 2022 software. Since then, there have been many updates, so if you install the software using the CD now, you will have a massive update to download. 

You might be able to find a library, coffee shop or other place that has faster internet than you home location, so you can download the installer there, and put it on a portable USB drive. Since many newer computers don’t have CD drives, a USB drive would actually be more portable than a CD. And you can put your tax files on the same drive, so everything is in one place.

FYI: You can only install TurboTax CD/Download onto a maximum of 3 computers using the same license. 

I know you are trying to be helpful with the limited options you have .

I have been a TurboTax customer for over 10 year and am quite aware of the rules and limitations.

Normally I pickup my Premier CD editions at Shopper Drugs 

This year I have limited mobility due to a hip muscle issue which is why I asked the question to see how responsive the company is .

If one can package and ship CD;s to locations then that means you have lots on hand  or will throw away those that do not sell after the tax season. I was prepared to pay a shipping cost 🙂 

I do not use your online access for doing taxes for security reasons , my view.

Yes, my internet speed is quite capable of initial download and updates.

Regardless... I now know how flexible the company is 

Cheers

Robert Holloway 

We don't have any CDs to ship. They were all sent to whichever retailers are still selling them. We have not had an in house shipping department for several years now. 

You may want to look at the websites for Shoppers Drugmart  or other retailers as they may be able to ship you a copy of the CD through their own delivery services.