Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We've used TurboTax before as a married couple with two incomes. Last year my wife didn't have a job & made crafts to sell at craft shows. Which version should I buy?

I have a T4. My wife kept track of everything she sold (under $10k), so we have that number and her total expenses for materials.  How would I report that?  I usually buy the cd-rom version of TurboTax, so I'm not sure if I have to upgrade from the Standard version?  Thanks
3 Replies

We've used TurboTax before as a married couple with two incomes. Last year my wife didn't have a job & made crafts to sell at craft shows. Which version should I buy?

Though we recommend Home & Business for self-employment income, TurboTax Standard CD/Download does have the form (T2125) that you would need for your wife's income. 

Thank you!  With regards to the online version, which I've never seen before, is it laid out the same as the Standard version I've purchased instore in the past?  And if so, would the online Deluxe version be its equivalent?

Thanks again.

TurboTax Online doesn't have the ability to view forms like the CD/Download version. 

TurboTax Deluxe Online doesn't support self-employment income. Your wife would have to use the self-employed version, which you would end up using as well, if you prepare your returns together. But, if you and your wife are 25 years old or younger as of December 31, 2023, then there is a promotion that would reduce the cost to $15 per return.