Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kehlawler

What form do I use to claim my portion of car expenses for a business with a partner.

Thank you - this just leaves my final question - Do I then have to use overrides in turbo tax to enter these values on the GST370 form, and if so will it not then be ineligible for netfile.

What form do I use to claim my portion of car expenses for a business with a partner.

Since you have the installed version of the software, just click on the forms icon, or if you have already opened GST 370, click on the green box at the bottom of your screen to re-open.  Double-click on line 1 and that will take you to the worksheet.  Just plug in the values.  I, personally, would leave off the CCA, but your call.
kehlawler

I tried that - however when I try and enter any of the applicable values it takes me to the T777 form - all the values for the GST370 are linked to other values (they are all green)

Working on it.  I do not have a partnership so I have not fooled with this before.  One thing I can tell you is that the accountants professional grade software is vastly more co-operative. 🙂
kehlawler

yes

That is an issue.  I have standard version so it seems to be across the board.  Even if we get it to tie into the T2125, it is going to put it in the wrong place.  The GST 370 is meant to be filled in via the T777, rather than the T2125.  You can use the T777 to populate the GST370 but your return will have to be mailed in rather than netfiled from what I can see, unless someone else with partnership experience can drop in with an answer.
kehlawler

Since it's such a small amount is there any problem with not even bothering to claim the GST rebate (it only makes a difference of $30 on my net tax).  I would think that if I didn't claim it they wouldn't care as it's more money in their pocket.

You are right, and I wonder if that is why they make everything so complicated.
kehlawler

Most likely 🙂 - Anyhow thanks for all your help - appreciated!

Sorry, I couldn't figure it out either.