Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should my "business name" be in the case of a Sole Proprietorship? (e.g., Should I simply use my full name and add "- Sole Proprietorship" for clarity?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Sally71

What should my "business name" be in the case of a Sole Proprietorship? (e.g., Should I simply use my full name and add "- Sole Proprietorship" for clarity?

If you do not have an actual business name, and work on contract / professional, then you are fine using your full name.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Sally71

If you do not have an actual business name, and work on contract / professional, then you are fine using your full name.

Thanks much Sally.
Sally71

You are welcome.
Sally71

Please see this link from CRA web site on how to complete the T2125 form: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/bsnss/tpcs/slprtnr/rprtng/t2125/p11-eng.html