Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bg4

Where on T2125 form would I include annual maintenance costs for a utility trailer (repairs, insurance,CVOR) used both for my sole proprietor business & for personal use?

What happens if my % personal use exceeds my %business use?  (I should note that I am also registered under HST, and am also dealing with calculating what ITCs I can claim related to my self-employed sole proprietor business expenses).

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Where on T2125 form would I include annual maintenance costs for a utility trailer (repairs, insurance,CVOR) used both for my sole proprietor business & for personal use?

You can only input the business portion of any expense.  There is no specific way to track the business portion the same way as home office and vehicle expense, so you should total the expenses and record a fair percentage under other expenses.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

You can only input the business portion of any expense.  There is no specific way to track the business portion the same way as home office and vehicle expense, so you should total the expenses and record a fair percentage under other expenses.

bg4

Appreciate the response Delphision.

Everywhere I looked, I could only find Q&A regarding how to address the Capital acquisition related to the purchase of a utility trailer used for business purposes...Q&A never addressed how to treat the annual operating expenses.  .Thanks..  BG.

Glad to help.  It's an interesting question.