Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArdyC

Where would I claim business expenses like: Trailer maintenance (landscaper), and equipment maintenance? Seems like there's no category that really covers this.

is it just supposed to go in the "supplies" section? It's a large part of my tax return paying for equipment maintenance items. 

Also - do I have the ability to claim against a portion of my garage (shop) that I use for my business? It's a large 30x40 shop, that I have a space designated to store my equipment, and I work/maintain my equipment in there. My gear is stored in there all winter, seems like it'd be an appropriate deduction if it was allowed.

thanks,
Art
1 Reply

Where would I claim business expenses like: Trailer maintenance (landscaper), and equipment maintenance? Seems like there's no category that really covers this.

If there is a specific place for an expense, you can put it under Other/Miscellaneous expenses.

If you are using part of your home for your work, you can claim expenses under "Home office" expenses, even if it's not an office.