Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
starla_g

Why is there employment earnings? I did not enter any. I have no employment earnings.

3 Replies

Why is there employment earnings? I did not enter any. I have no employment earnings.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this difficulty.

To resolve this issue, scroll down to the bottom of the T4 page and click the “Back” button to leave that page.

Next, select “Personal Tax Profile for [Name]” under the Setting up tab to go to the “Your Tax Profile Summary” page.

Click the “Edit” button next to “Income & work related expenses”. Remove any check marks against things that are not applicable to you. In particular, uncheck “T4 - Employment Income” and “I was employed (includes commissions from employment)”, so that you are not asked to answer questions regarding those topics.

Just wondering if you are a senior with a work pension? Your pension may contribute to life or medical insurance on your behalf. They would be reported on a T4 A and show up on line 101 - employment income. 

Ok so you are not a pensioner? Did you have a GST370 refund last year? Employment expenses can trigger the GST 370. You get GST back but have to claim it as income in the following year on line 101. It could be from professional fees that had HST paid on them too.