Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the current version of this software be available on CD and be able to be sent outside of the country?

I don't want to efile, I don't want a digital download.  I want the CD to install, print and mail.
3 Replies

Will the current version of this software be available on CD and be able to be sent outside of the country?

If you purchase TurboTax CD/Download directly from us, we no longer mail out any CDs. Some 3rd party retailers still sell the CD on their own websites, but I don’t know if any would be able to ship to addresses outside of Canada. 

Please note, even if you have a physical CD, you would still need to be able to connect to the internet to activate the product, and to get updates.

Without the CD, how is a Canadian Citizen OUTSIDE of Canada expected to obtain the software when Amazon.ca states this:?

"Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the Canada."

The CD will connect to the internet to activate... but I still NEED the software in order to activate it.

Most people outside of Canada use the download to install the software, or they use TurboTax Online. 

The CD just contains the installation files, and once the program has been installed, you no longer need the CD. If you download TurboTax, you are getting an installation file which works exactly the same what is on the CD.

FYI: Canadian taxes go by residency status, not citizenship. So, if you are considered a non-resident of Canada and have no income from here, you may not need to file a Canadian tax return, even if you are still a citizen.