Solved: Box 24 on our T4RIF has been entered as a deductio...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
CanadaEnglishEN

Pick a language

CanadaFrançais United States of AmericaEnglish
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
garbuckle01

Box 24 on our T4RIF has been entered as a deduction under other deductions. Is this correct????

CAN i CLAIM THE AMOUNT LISTED IN BOX 24 ON MY T4RIF as a deduction . Turbo Tax has automatically done this.
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TurboTaxMonica

Box 24 on our T4RIF has been entered as a deduction under other deductions. Is this correct????

If you indicated that the amount was transferred to a RIF (when you entered the amount on the T4RIF screen), then you should see the amount under "other deduction".

View solution in original post

2 Replies
TurboTaxMonica

If you indicated that the amount was transferred to a RIF (when you entered the amount on the T4RIF screen), then you should see the amount under "other deduction".

View solution in original post

DB57
Returning Member

The on line version allows for 3 options for T4RIF including with drawl payment, transferred to a RRSP, transferred to a RRIF.

The Premier Turbo tax version ( which I purchased) does not have this option in box 24. Box 24 entry triggers it as income when it was a RRSP transferred to a RRIF. What to do?

v