Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Box 24 on our T4RIF has been entered as a deduction under other deductions. Is this correct????

CAN i CLAIM THE AMOUNT LISTED IN BOX 24 ON MY T4RIF as a deduction . Turbo Tax has automatically done this.
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Box 24 on our T4RIF has been entered as a deduction under other deductions. Is this correct????

If you indicated that the amount was transferred to a RIF (when you entered the amount on the T4RIF screen), then you should see the amount under "other deduction".

View solution in original post

5 Replies

If you indicated that the amount was transferred to a RIF (when you entered the amount on the T4RIF screen), then you should see the amount under "other deduction".

DB57
Returning Member

The on line version allows for 3 options for T4RIF including with drawl payment, transferred to a RRSP, transferred to a RRIF.

The Premier Turbo tax version ( which I purchased) does not have this option in box 24. Box 24 entry triggers it as income when it was a RRSP transferred to a RRIF. What to do?

Bede20

For T4RIF BOX 24 is listed as a deduction by Turbo tax, I now have to reAdjust my return..ty

PattiDurk

Why does turbo tax put it in as a deduction? We are getting hit with a big tax bill after CRA audit. 

Which box is filled out on your T4RIF slip?