Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Turbo Tax provide me with a partially filled T1032 Joint Election to Split Pension Income form? If not, will I be able to use the final report to fill out the T1032?

I briefly looked at the T1032 form and it seems intimidating. Am I on my own to fill this out?                 

I am leaning heavily on the "There's no such thing as a stupid question" here.
5 Replies

Does Turbo Tax provide me with a partially filled T1032 Joint Election to Split Pension Income form? If not, will I be able to use the final report to fill out the T1032?

If you are preparing your return with a spouse, then TurboTax will do all the calculations for you. The pension split optimizer will even suggest and amount for the split.

I agree and understand. I

Turbo Tax already optimized the pension split and that is awesome. 

Does Turbo Tax provide me with T1032 form?

Yes. It's generated as part of your tax return.

I am currently filing 2023 Canada tax returns for my parents.  My mother passed away during 2023 so I must file separate  returns (unlinked in the 2023 Turbo Tax Deluxe software package.

I am trying to determine the optimal pension splitting amount.  While the software will calculate the optimal amount based upon me inputting my mothers net income into my fathers return information, I need to complete and file a Form 1032 for both parents. I need to include the allocation of the amount of tax paid in connection with the pension splitting on my mothers return.

Is it possible to access and complete the Form 1032 in either parent's return to complete it?

Robert

Sorry for your loss.

Yes, it is possible to fill the T1032 accordingly in each return. Could you clarify if you are using TurboTax Online or using TurboTax Desktop/Download?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.