Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For Quebec, Box J AND Box 235 on Relevé 1 are BOTH deductible, but TurboTax is ignoring my amounts and not listing the TOTAL (SUM) on line 381 of my Quebec return.

I have both Box J and Box 235 amounts on my Releve 1, and the total is more than the $2,397 limit for 2020, so I should see a deduction on line 381 of my Quebec return.  Do I need to re-enter these amounts somewhere else on the interface?
1 Reply

For Quebec, Box J AND Box 235 on Relevé 1 are BOTH deductible, but TurboTax is ignoring my amounts and not listing the TOTAL (SUM) on line 381 of my Quebec return.

If you have entered amounts in Box J AND Box 235 on Relevé 1, you can see the Allowable medical expenses Non-refundable Tax Credits in your Québec tax and credits summary. To view this summary in TurboTax Online, go to: Provincial> Detailed Québec Tax Summary. The amount of the tax credit will not be the total amount of Box J and Box 235. Fortunately, TurboTax will calculate this amount for you, so you don’t need to worry about how to calculate it.

As per Revenu Québec: You can claim a non-refundable tax credit if you paid medical expenses exceeding 3% of your net income (line 275 of your tax return).

For more information about the medical expense tax credit, please visit these FAQs:

TurboTax:

Revenu Québec:

If you require further assistance please contact our phone support team or contact us directly on Facebook or Twitter.