Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karene_u

For transfer of amount for post secondary studies to parents, where can I find the amount of solidarity tax credit received in 2022 for the student?

3 Replies

For transfer of amount for post secondary studies to parents, where can I find the amount of solidarity tax credit received in 2022 for the student?

Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online?

karene_u

turbo tax online

Once  your child completes their tax return-  When their return is opened go to "Find" on the top right and type in Tuition Transfer- You will then see the page which shows how much she can transfer and how much she entered that she wanted to transfer. Then follow the steps below to enter the amount in your return.

TurboTax Online:

1. Select Find from the TurboTax menu
  2. Enter claims for dependants and select Go
  3. When prompted to review or claim any of these credits, choose Yes, then select Continue
  4. Select Enter Credit Info next to the name of the dependant who's transferring unused tuition amounts to you
  5. Select Tranfer my Child's Tuition and Education Amounts, then select Continue
  6. Follow the on-screen instructions to select Tuition Transfer, enter the amount(s) of the transfer(s), then select Continue

How do I enter tuition transferred from my spouse/partner or child?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.