Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting an error that CPP contributions or pensionable earnings entered incorrectly. Have checked twice and not so>

@SN-GA 

Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you.

CaptainPanic1
Returning Member

Getting an error that CPP contributions or pensionable earnings entered incorrectly. Have checked twice and not so>

Made an interesting discovery. 

On the "Review: Errors" screen, click on "Fix" and then "Edit" for the offending T4.  Adjust your CPP contributions (Box 16) by 1 cent and click on "Done with T4 Slips", the error disappears! 

My CPP contributions were $1,481.58 with the error.  I changed that to $1,481.57 and no more error.  Actually any value other than the original will fix the error.  Out of interest, I entered $9,999,999.00 and Turbo Tax was quite happy.

Incidentally, if you then change Box 16 back to the original value then the error will reappear.

I really don't think CRA will care if your entered value is off by a penny.

OK Intuit, that should be enough info for your coders to figure out the problem.  You're welcome. 

was getting error "CPP/QPP contributions or pensionable earnings have been entered incorrectly" in TurboTax Desktop version. checked all amount information was correct as per T4 and RL1. just opened the RL1 and T4 once in Forms mode and closed. and went ahead with "Skip error" and successfully could Netfile with out any issue. Please try like this and it should work. Thanks.