Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My return indicates that a Quebec health contribution of $159, however I only made $30 000, so the max health contribution should be $100.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My return indicates that a Quebec health contribution of $159, however I only made $30 000, so the max health contribution should be $100.

Hi

There are actually 3 lines pertaining to Health & Prescription funds for QC.

The contribution to the Health Services fund, based on your information, would calculate at about $158. It is your income less 14285 X 1%.

The Quebec Prescription plan is applied if not covered by another plan.

Then there is just the Health Contribution which is $100 per person at the income level noted.
Christine

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi

There are actually 3 lines pertaining to Health & Prescription funds for QC.

The contribution to the Health Services fund, based on your information, would calculate at about $158. It is your income less 14285 X 1%.

The Quebec Prescription plan is applied if not covered by another plan.

Then there is just the Health Contribution which is $100 per person at the income level noted.
Christine

Hey thanks for the info, would that mean the total from Health & Prescription would be $258 based on your calculations? (I am already part presciption plan)

No problem - actually its' about $158 for the Health Services Fund Ref. Line 446 and $100 is called the Health Contribution Ref. Line 448.  Your Quebec prescription should be $0 at Line 447.

Good morning,

"Regardless of whether you buy prescription drugs, you have to be covered by Québec's public prescription drug insurance plan and you must pay an annual premium, which we collect.

You can include the premium payable under the public plan in calculating the refundable tax credit for medical expenses (provided the period you use to determine the amount of medical expenses includes December 31 of the year for which the premium is payable). To claim the tax credit, you must complete Schedule B of the income tax return and enclose it with your return.

The maximum premium for 2015 is $625.50 (per spouse in the case of a couple). To calculate the premium, complete Schedule K."
http://www.revenuquebec.ca/en/citoyen/situation/aines/impot/cotisations.aspx

Should you believe the software is miscalculating your RAMQ amount, please contact us.
Please call us by clicking the following link to the Contact Us page. Then complete the required information. A phone number will appear, along with your incident ID. Call the number. This will ensure that an appropriate agent is assigned to your query:
https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/
Thank you,
Leeanne@TurboTax