Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bail929656
Returning Member

I entered an amount from tax saving opportunities to split pension with my spouse. I want to change that amount but I cannot locate any place to do that now?

There is no form T1032?
7 Replies

I entered an amount from tax saving opportunities to split pension with my spouse. I want to change that amount but I cannot locate any place to do that now?

Are you using TurboTax Online, or TurboTax CD/download.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

bail929656
Returning Member

I am using TurboTax online. I am preparing the two returns separately, not coupled.

You can delete the unwanted return by clicking the small Trash Can 🗑 next to it (or “Delete” under the return name). If there is no trash can next to the return that you want to delete, then open another return. Now when you go back to “My Returns” you should be able to delete the unwanted return.

If this is the only return in your account, you’ll need to start a new return before you can delete your existing one. To start a new return, select “Start a New Return” from under “My Returns”. Once you have started your new return, you can select “View All Tax Returns” from under “My Returns” and delete the unwanted return by clicking the small Trash Can 🗑 next to it (or “Delete” under the return name).

bail929656
Returning Member

I don’t want to delete an entire return. I have both returns essentially separately done but entered an amount on one for splitting the pension. Now I simply would like to remove that amount but cannot seem to access it any place to remove or edit it.

Please try redoing your original steps to end up where you entered the amount and edit it? To do so, here is our TurboTax FAQ: How do I split my pension income with my spouse?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

bail929656
Returning Member

Any time I hit “find” and enter pension or split pension, no options appear. I’m going to have to redo the entire return from scratch.

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us. 

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.