Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
huyq4153

I got this error message. "You've completed employment expenses for working at home but selected to transfer income to the form for working from home due to COVID-19."

7 Replies
MrsK5
Returning Member

I got this error message. "You've completed employment expenses for working at home but selected to transfer income to the form for working from home due to COVID-19."

I have the same  error message and can't file because of it. Did you get help? What is the solution?

I am having the same issue. I am doing mine and my wife's together. I am a full time employee working from home due to COVID, she is 100% self employed.. I obviously claimed the employment expenses, but I did not check anything for her. Hers keeps giving this error message and it kicks me back to T4's to fix, but she doesn't have a T4. 

MrsK5
Returning Member

I ended up spending 80 minutes on a service call over this issue. They did try to fix it, but in the end they told me it was not possible to override this error. I was told to start over from scratch, print and mail my return. Utterly abysmal experience. I will not be using TurboTax next year.

I just called them and they were able to fix mine in about 20 minutes. Basically involved clearing some boxes and re-checking some boxes and the error cleared. 

MrsK5
Returning Member

Lucky you. They were not able to fix mine. There were several people working on it, all to no avail.

Did tech support give a list of boxes to clear, refill, check, uncheck, etc.? Or was it 20min of poking around until it worked?

Same for me. Did you get a fix?