Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dcwaddell

I have a statement for my wife's RRSP from Desjardins. 2016 was her first year contributing. She did not receive any official Service Canada slip for it. Do I count this?

I am nervous about claiming something I am not supposed to. Online, they talk about being sent a tax slip, where as this is just an overview of her year. However, it does say 'Registered Retirement Savings Plan'.
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have a statement for my wife's RRSP from Desjardins. 2016 was her first year contributing. She did not receive any official Service Canada slip for it. Do I count this?

Claiming RRSPs could help with your tax situations.  If you contact Desjardins they should be able to provide you with the official Tax receipt.  Some banks have web portals that you can download the slips so that may be possible with online banking.

Hope that helps

Chris 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Claiming RRSPs could help with your tax situations.  If you contact Desjardins they should be able to provide you with the official Tax receipt.  Some banks have web portals that you can download the slips so that may be possible with online banking.

Hope that helps

Chris