Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm 65 and have applied for OAS but haven't as yet received it. How do I report this on my taxes?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I'm 65 and have applied for OAS but haven't as yet received it. How do I report this on my taxes?

You do not need to report that you have applied for Old Age Security on your tax return.  You only have to report the amount that you have received.  If you receive the payments this year then you will claim it on your income tax return next year.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

You do not need to report that you have applied for Old Age Security on your tax return.  You only have to report the amount that you have received.  If you receive the payments this year then you will claim it on your income tax return next year.

TurboTax won't let me eFile because it knows I'm 65 and haven't entered a value under OAS.

In the income section, did you select the T4OAS?  If you have selected the form, you will need to delete the form.

Thank you! It worked.

You're welcome!
Jl124

Cannot net file as turbo tax says error as I am 65 and not collecting OAS..

no T4 OAS.. 

LINE 11300 is 0

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the error. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.