Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Netfiled my 2023 return. How can I now duplicate my TurboTax 2023 information to try different scenarios in a new 2023 file, to help with my 2024 RRSP tax planning?

Basically wanting to avoid starting from scratch to be able to just play with the 2023 scenarios for future reference.
9 Replies

I Netfiled my 2023 return. How can I now duplicate my TurboTax 2023 information to try different scenarios in a new 2023 file, to help with my 2024 RRSP tax planning?

Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online?

I used the online version 

You can click "Copy" under a return to make a duplicate. 

I remember previous years seeing and using the "Copy" option.

However, This year I can see

. "View" for my current 2023 file (or "Rename");

. "Access" for PDFs of previous years;

. "Start a 2023 return" starting a fresh return importing 2022 data (or "Create a different return" for other year's data).

Unfortunately I cannot find the "Copy" option. Any other tips?

You will find the "Copy" below the returns you have completed- see below.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

This is helpful TurboTaxBrenda ... but seems to maybe be a gap in the Canadian TurboTax "Self-employed" online version. 

Would TurboTax have a work around for this version?

Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 9.04.57 AM.png

Unfortunately, once the return is filed with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), a copy of the return cannot be done, only before filing.

Grrrrr. Good to know. 

Thank you for replying TurboTaxGinette

You're welcome.