Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jhelland

My RRSP contributions go into a Pension that is matched by the employer so it shows up on my T4, but doesn't seem to be "showing up" in the RRSP calculator section. Help

7 Replies

My RRSP contributions go into a Pension that is matched by the employer so it shows up on my T4, but doesn't seem to be "showing up" in the RRSP calculator section. Help

Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online?

jhelland

Online version.

Unfortunately, the RRSP doesn't automatically add contributions shown on a T4. You can add the amount using the slider.

jhelland

If I use the slider, it isn't going to over-count my contribution on my tax return?  What if I enter an "RRSP Slip" for the total contribution on my T4?  I assume that will over-count it....

Could you tell me what box on your T4 you are finding the RRSP amount?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

jhelland

Box 52

As per the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) Box 52 - Pension adjustment - line 20600

Generally, this amount represents the value of the benefits you earned in the year under a registered pension plan or a deferred profit-sharing plan.

This amount is not an income or a deduction. You only have to enter it on line 20600 of your return. The CRA will use it to calculate your RRSP/PRPP deduction limit for next year, which the CRA will show on your latest notice of assessment, notice of reassessment, or Form T1028, Your RRSP/PRPP Information for 2019.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.