Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikewund

Can I contribute to previous years' rrsp and get tax back from those previous years? if so, how far back?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can I contribute to previous years' rrsp and get tax back from those previous years? if so, how far back?

No, you can't contribute to the previous year's RRSPs - March 1, 2021, is the last day to make RRSP contributions for the 2020 tax year. ... March 2, 2020, for the 2019 tax year. March 1, 2019, for the 2018 tax year. Any unused contribution room will be carried forward to the next years.

If you require further assistance please contact our phone support team for further assistance or contact us directly on Facebook or Twitter.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

No, you can't contribute to the previous year's RRSPs - March 1, 2021, is the last day to make RRSP contributions for the 2020 tax year. ... March 2, 2020, for the 2019 tax year. March 1, 2019, for the 2018 tax year. Any unused contribution room will be carried forward to the next years.

If you require further assistance please contact our phone support team for further assistance or contact us directly on Facebook or Twitter.

mikewund

Thank you!