Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Reporting maternity benefits. It keeps telling me that the amount entered cannot exceed the amount in box 14. They are the exact same amount. Is this a software error?

4 Replies

Reporting maternity benefits. It keeps telling me that the amount entered cannot exceed the amount in box 14. They are the exact same amount. Is this a software error?

In regards to the question in TTO for maternity leave, you just need to identify the portion of box 14 on your T4E that is from maternity leave.  If it's all of it, put the whole amount.

That's what I did, but it kept claiming the amount I entered was greater than the amount in box 14. I even tried entering the amount minus one cent or one dollar. 

meblabey

did you get an answer on this. I am currently having the same problem 

I did not. I ended up using a different software