Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is there an amount showing for Deductions for CPP/QPP/PPIP (self-empl.) when I am not self-employed? Is this an automatic deduction?

5 Replies
bmcp

Why is there an amount showing for Deductions for CPP/QPP/PPIP (self-empl.) when I am not self-employed? Is this an automatic deduction?

If it's the same problem as mine, the summary shows it as "Deduction for CPP/QPP/PPIP (self-empl.)", but I don't think that description is correct.  If you check in the detailed tax summary (Menu item: Review > Bottom Line (Tax Summary) then find a link for "Detailed Tax Summary" halfway down the page), it's actually getting that amount from line 22215: "Deduction for CPP/QPP enhanced contributions on employment income" and not the self-employed line (22210) right above it.

Revenue Agency link for line 22215 

As of 2019, you can claim a deduction for the enhanced contributions on CPP and QPP pensionable earnings you contributed through your employment income.

Whether you contributed to the CPP or QPP, the maximum allowable claim is $80.85.

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

For 2019 and the subsequent tax years, CRA has allowed the taxpayers to claim a deduction for the enhanced CPP contributions:

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/topics/about-your-tax-return/tax-re...

So even if you are not a self-employed taxpayer, you can claim the enhanced amount as a deduction.

I hope this was helpful 

rmartel

Deduction of 80.85 should be on line 22215,  annexe 8, section 2 is filled but the amount is put on line 22300. This is an issue. Is it possible to solve this situation ? Thanks

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

You probably have a RL1 too. The overpayment will be calculated on PPIP as well > check your schedule 10 if you have access to it. 

Check the following link on the deduction of PPIP:

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/topics/about-your-tax-return/tax-re...

I hope this was helpful

Clear as mud. If I have an amount showing in "Deductions for QPP and QPIP contributions on self-employment income" within the TurboTax software, and I'm NOT self-employed, am I going to be claiming a credit to which I'm not in fact entitled on the return filed with Revenu Quebec? If so how do I delete this?