Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do i enter RPP contributions

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for your question.

In most circumstances they will be on your T4 (box 20) and the deduction is claimed based on this entry. If you made contributions that were not included on your T4, you enter these in the RRSP section.

On the RRSP profile you will select

Claim for undeducted contributions made to a Registered Pension Plan (RPP) or have contributions for past services

You will then continue to RPP screen, to enter your contributions.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Thank you for your question.

In most circumstances they will be on your T4 (box 20) and the deduction is claimed based on this entry. If you made contributions that were not included on your T4, you enter these in the RRSP section.

On the RRSP profile you will select

Claim for undeducted contributions made to a Registered Pension Plan (RPP) or have contributions for past services

You will then continue to RPP screen, to enter your contributions.

ch_loewen

I am trying to follow these instructions, but cannot find a spot to enter current service contributions for an RPP. I made additional contributions to my RPP plan this year over and above regular payroll deductions in order to buy back pension for the year I was on maternity leave. I am able to enter past-service contributions only. Should I just enter it as a RRSP contribution? Or adjust what was entered on my T4 (the T4 currently only shows deductions that started after I returned to work, not the extra I contributed)?