Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arielytw

What's the format of the housing dwelling number (box A) in Relevé 31 while claiming for the solidarity tax credit? The 15 numbers on the RL31 I got didn't work.

I entered the 15 numbers in the Box A of the RL31 (without hyphens) I got from my landlord, but it keeps showing "Box A of your Relevé 31 is incomplete or contains invalid characters. Do not enter the hyphens." and I cannot proceed further.

3 Replies
TurboTaxLynda
Intuit Alumni

What's the format of the housing dwelling number (box A) in Relevé 31 while claiming for the solidarity tax credit? The 15 numbers on the RL31 I got didn't work.

The format should be 9BB99BB9999BB99 (15 characters alphanumeric), where 9=numbers and B=letters.

trboton

Sorry I don´t understand and I keep having the same message Box A of your Relevé 31 is incomplete or contains invalid characters. Do not enter the hyphens. How do you put the street name and street number? Or do you just put the number?

@trboton For the Releve 31 you need to enter your Housing dwelling number, not your address. The format should be as Lynda said: 9BB99BB9999BB99 (15 characters alphanumeric), where 9=numbers and B=letters.