Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does Turbotax apply the pension splitting? It is not happening so far and I have entered RRIF amounts

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

When does Turbotax apply the pension splitting? It is not happening so far and I have entered RRIF amounts

Please see our TurboTax FAQ for guidance: How do I split my pension income with my spouse?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online?

TurboTax Online

Please see our TurboTax FAQ for guidance: How do I split my pension income with my spouse?

Brownta

I have followed the links cited in the responses (hit “find” type in “Pension” and select the “pension splitting” result) when I hit “find”… I have to then select from a list of topics, and then hit “find” or it won’t allow me to search. There is nothing in the list of topics that fits pension splitting…

there is nowhere in turbo tax for me to enter the split I am receiving from my spouse… we have filled out the form T1032e, but there is nowhere to enter this as income in my return.

can someone please help?

@Brownta You'll be able to get to the pension splitting page when you go to the Review section. It will be under Tax-saving opportunities.

Brownta

Wow… thank you so much… I have been trying to figure out how to enter it as income (i am the spouse receiving the pension income… filing separately from my husband)  for hours and hours…internet research… Revenue Canada boards…nowhere is it made clear that this comes where you have pointed me.

thx

You're very welcome.

Brownta

Hi, 

Much obliged for trying to help me, but that didn’t work. I got to “Tax Saving Opportunities” and it identified 4 things… none of which was “pension splitting”

Can you think of anything else?

thx

@Brownta 

Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you.