Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I claim the $500 that I received for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit?

1 Reply

Where do I claim the $500 that I received for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax,

You will receive a T4A tax slip reporting your CERB income in Box 197. Claim this amount on line 13000 of your income tax return. If you were employed in 2020, the new T4 slip will break the employment income into periods that align with CERB payments periods. 

How do you enter a T4A slip for the TurboTax online edition:

1.    Select the image of the magnifying glass (or Find) in the upper-right area of TurboTax
  2. Enter “T4A” in the Find window
  3. Select T4A Pension, Retirement, Annuity from the list of results, and then select Go

How do you enter a T4A slip for the for the TurboTax CD/download edition:

1. Select the image of the magnifying glass (or Find) in the upper-right area of TurboTax
  2. Enter “T4A” in the Find window
  3. Select T4A Pension, retirement, annuity from the list of results, and then select Go

The Entering your federal T-slips step appears

1. Select T4A - Pension, Retirement, Annuity, and Other Income (including scholarships and bursaries)
  2. Select Continue

Please visit our TurboTax info center on CERB/CRB Tax Info Centre and FAQ- https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/tax-topics/help/cerb-crb-tax-info-centre/00/1753057 to learn more about CERB.