Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I put pension adjustment?

3 Replies

As per CRA, the pension adjustment (PA) amount is reported on line 20600 of your Income Tax and Benefit Return. The PA can be found in box 52 of your T4 slip or box 34 of your T4A slip. Do not include the PA amount as income, and do not deduct it on your Income Tax and Benefit Return. Simply enter this amount on line 20600.
If you require further assistance please contact our phone support team for further assistance or contact us directly on Facebook or Twitter.
slfslf13

The 'pension adjustment' (box 52) on my T4 indicates '9039' (no decimals, i.e., 9039.00) and all other $$ amounts includes a number after the decimal. Is this correct? Perhaps when the $ value is '00' after a decimal it's not included on the T4?

As per the Canada Revenue Agency(CRA) (employer) Box 52 – Pension adjustment

Report in box 52 the amount (in dollars only) of a pension adjustment (PA) an employee has under a registered pension plan (RPP) or a deferred profit sharing plan (DPSP).

As per the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) (employee) Box 52 - Pension adjustment - line 20600

Generally, this amount represents the value of the benefits you earned in the year under a registered pension plan or a deferred profit-sharing plan.

This amount is not an income or a deduction. You only have to enter it on line 20600 of your return. The CRA will use it to calculate your RRSP/PRPP deduction limit for next year, which the CRA will show on your latest notice of assessment, notice of reassessment, or Form T1028, Your RRSP/PRPP Information for 20xx.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.