Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where does Reimbursement of Benefit paid during a previous year get entered (repaid CPP)?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Where does Reimbursement of Benefit paid during a previous year get entered (repaid CPP)?

If you repaid CPP Benefits it is entered in TurboTax as an "Other Deduction" and will show up on Line 232 in your tax summary. 

To make this entry in TurboTax Online you must go to Deductions > Other Deductions > Other Deductions Intro and Continue from the page that appears. 

You will then be prompted to "Add" an additional deduction. When the page appears that asks you to "Find", type in "misc", select Miscellaneous Deductions and hit "Go". A page will then pop up allowing you to enter your CPP Benefit Repayment.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

If you repaid CPP Benefits it is entered in TurboTax as an "Other Deduction" and will show up on Line 232 in your tax summary. 

To make this entry in TurboTax Online you must go to Deductions > Other Deductions > Other Deductions Intro and Continue from the page that appears. 

You will then be prompted to "Add" an additional deduction. When the page appears that asks you to "Find", type in "misc", select Miscellaneous Deductions and hit "Go". A page will then pop up allowing you to enter your CPP Benefit Repayment.

gasztalos

I am searching for a way to enter my "Reimbursement Of Benefit Paid During A Previous Year" (from the Canadian Government) in TurboTax 2022.  I saw a response back in 2019, but TurboTax 2022 does not me to enter the data as noted in the 2019 response.  Would you be able to help guide me? FYI, I was able to figure out how to enter the amount paid to me for the year from the Canada Pension Plan.  Thank you!

@gasztalos Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online?

gasztalos

I am using TurboTax CD/Download.

Thank you!