Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

hillbie1
Returning Member

Does your software fill out 3885A and 3801?

I have not purchased anything from TT desktop or TT Live.  I used another software and it DOES NOT autofill either of these forms.  Does  your software fill out 3885A and 3801 or do I need to open the forms and put in the numbers?  

If I need to put in the numbers, does your software tell me exactly where to get them or does it send me to FTB to pull the instructions and fill out the form on my own?  I am trying to avoid this, since I don't understand the instructions.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
maglib
Level 11

https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_ca_online_individual.html is a list of all CA forms supported by TT. Sorry, I can't tell you if they are done within the interview.

Both those forms show as supported

**I don't work for TT. Just trying to help. All the best.
***Say "Thanks" by marking as BEST ANSWER and clicking the thumb icon in a post and that I solved your question
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
I am NOT an expert and you should confirm with a tax expert.
hillbie1
Returning Member

Thanks for your reply.  The other software I purchased also says the forms are supported.  This is very misleading, because although they can be "included", they are not supported through the interview and therefore, don't make the information appear automatically.

I hope someone with experience replies, either to confirm it does or doesn't.

maglib
Level 11

@hillbie1  OK I searched the board and I see that there are questions on the board related to the interview for these forms and it gets filled in by TT. Why I used desktop software though is for the convenience of forms mode and drill down features are much better than online mode. You can search in top section for the form number.
EXAMPLE OF A RESPONSE:
Yes, go to step by step in your return and go to your state tab, edit California. Then navigate to a page that says "Here is the income California handles Differently". Now go to Business>Rental or Royalty Adjustment. Now select edit to the properties that are out of state. First screen asks if there are any Passive or At Risk loss Carryovers.

If there is an amount in the next screen that is recorded with a negative number remove it. if there is no entry, you might try putting a positive number to negate the loss reported on the 3801 or some other manipulation to get this out of Form 3801. You may even try placing a zero in the box.

Let us know if this works and enjoy the rest of your year.

**I don't work for TT. Just trying to help. All the best.
***Say "Thanks" by marking as BEST ANSWER and clicking the thumb icon in a post and that I solved your question
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
I am NOT an expert and you should confirm with a tax expert.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies