Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mlross

We are sorry, we are having trouble authorizing your credit card. Please verify your billing address, card number, and CVV and try again.

all info is correct. have tried 2 different credit cards, same error
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

101 Replies
AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

We are sorry, we are having trouble authorizing your credit card. Please verify your billing address, card number, and CVV and try again.

Make sure that you save your progress in TurboTax Online by signing out properly and then try clearing your cache and cookies, log back in and then re-enter the credit card information. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I am having this same issue, and it is driving me crazy. 

I have tried 2 credit cards of my own (both from american institutions), as well as 3 credit cards of other people.

I have double and triple checked every piece of information.

I have browsed the forums and tried to find a solution. I logged out, cleared my cache and cookies, and tried again. 

Nothing is working. 

HELP PLEASE!

@jgereige Make sure that the billing address for the credit card you are using is the exactly the same as the Mailing Address you have entered on your tax return.  Click on My Info on the left side of the online program screen.  Edit your Mailing Address if necessary.  If the billing address is not the same as your mailing address, then after changing the Mailing Address and paying with the credit card, go back to My Info and change your Mailing Address back to the original address you used.

If you have a foreign mailing address then after you complete the payment step in the FILE tab you can return to the MY INFO tab and put the foreign address back.   Then complete the FILE tab starting with step 2. 

Thanks for that, it worked. Now I have another issue. When I try to file, I get the following message:

Oops, it looks like we're missing some of your personal information like state and zip

You can go back to My Info and add that information now.

Any ideas?

I'm having this same issue. I've tried different computers.... Clearing cash/cookies. Logging out... Different cards debit and credit... Customer service was no help. My address match. I haven't moved or changed banks... I've filed with TT for 11 years... This is VERY frustrating. I can have them charge it to my refund but the principle of the thing... paying the extra $40 when I have done everything right and been a loyal customer... and I could (maybe should) really file for free on my own... I just like having my data saved for me. Come on TT fix this for me. 

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

If you are not able to pay online, you can speak with an agent to process your payment.
Please see this Turbo Tax FAQ for the best way to reach an Agent.
https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300041

I'm having the exact same issue. Have you resolved yours yet? I've spoken to two agents and neither one had a clue as to what was wrong. 

@Katymax1414 wrote:

I'm having the exact same issue. Have you resolved yours yet? I've spoken to two agents and neither one had a clue as to what was wrong. 

Make sure that the billing address for the credit card you are using is the exactly the same as the Mailing Address you have entered on your tax return.  Click on My Info on the left side of the online program screen.  Edit your Mailing Address if necessary.  If the billing address is not the same as your mailing address, then after changing the Mailing Address and paying with the credit card, go back to My Info and change your Mailing Address back to the original address you used.

I'm having teh same issue. I updated my mailing address to the EXACT address as my bank statements. I've used 3 different CC, cleared cashe and cookie and NOTHING

@nancyada1 wrote:

I'm having teh same issue. I updated my mailing address to the EXACT address as my bank statements. I've used 3 different CC, cleared cashe and cookie and NOTHING

See this TurboTax support FAQ on how to contact Support - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3401489

I have tried clear my cache and cookies, changed my mailing address to match with my credit card billing address. Visa, Master, Discover and American express.  3 Agents, no help at all, guys, do not waste your time. I am leaving turbo tax.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If you are still having issues processing your payment, please follow the instructions here to speak with a live agent. 

I am having trouble authorizing my credit card. I have tried 2 different credit cards. Please help!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies