Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Fritz606

Charles Schwab tax forms not importing in TurboTax

FIX THE CHARLES SCHWAB DOWNLOAD PROBLEM. I DONT WANT TO MANUALLY DO THIS --- TOO MANY ENTRIES. TRY FIXING THE PROBLEM OR GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK!!!!!!!

Gadzooks, not only can't I download Edward Jones but I can't download Schwab either!!

I AM BEYOND PISSED!

BH

Big panic on this one hundreds of pages in Schwab 1099B.

During day today I got "Something went wrong, try later."

I tired all the recommended fixes.   No luck.

9:30 PM Pacific time:  Tried reload, didn't work.

Restarted Turbo Tax did the log ins for Intuit and Schwab and

thank heavens it downloaded.   So it might be an overload problem.   
Nothing changed except the time of day.   BH   much calmer.

Mac Downloaded version premier TT 

Now to get the Edward Jones download to work right:   1099R

data populates form OK but logic is stuck on the easy step and I can't move on.

As far as I know, there was never a problem with the Mac version.  Everyone who posted here (including me) was using the downloaded version for Windows.  I definitely tried at various times, hours before the NYSE opened, while it was open, and hours after it closed.  I also tried on weekends.  

consultjrc1
Returning Member

I spent hours on the phone with schwab because I could not get a live person at  Turbotax. Finally someone at schwab walked me through changing and rechanging The size of the display between each data entry. Finally the log on screen for schwab showed up but it was grayed out. However putting the cursor there and typing in your login even though you couldn't see what you were typing it did register.  Don't think it was a schwab problem but a turbotax problem. I now have my data imported after after at least 4 hours of working on it. By the way my version was a CD.

If you're having a problem importing schwab data I would call schwab technical support and reference my issue. They should have lots of information which would help them help you.

I am working on a IMAC and having the same issues.  I get an error message  - THIS IMPORT WAS UNSUCCESSFUL - we recommend you check your internet connection and try again.  If we still can't get your info, don't worry. We'll help you enter it manually so you can keep working on your taxes." This is very frustrating to say the least. And I have tried every suggestion posted on this site.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any update from TTax smart folks?

I still cant get import from Schwab.

What is the TT team doing?

Most problems have been on the Schwab side. I suggest you call Schwab technical support. ‭[phone number removed]‬

TT acknowledged the problem and claims to be working on it.  Since we're not getting what we purchased, anybody know if we can get a refund while still using TT to electronically file? I don't want to start over with other software. 

Talked with Schwab this morning and they told us they are aware of the issue and are working with Turbo Tax on resolving it.  They did not have an ETA unfortunately.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue is not on Schwab side. Schwab stuff can be imported in other software easily.

I think TT stinks.

Tried same thing as susiequeue42 but nothing. TurboTax Ptemier in previous years has always imported Schwab 1099 with no problems. Tried half dozen times. TurboTax up to date too.

Schwab got back to me tonight and they said to talk to TT and that TT is supposedly leading the team that is correcting the problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

TT has an update - but still does not work with Schwab.. dunno what these folks are doing

I am experiencing the same problem.

TT connects to Schwab; I enter the Schwab username/pw, goes through Schwab permission screens, and then it says 'Take me back to TT'  (for the import).   I do that, and it displays "Fetching Documents...." at first - but craps out soon after with the error "The import was unsuccessful. We recommend you check your internet connection...."

No, I cannot enter the transactions manually - I have over 3000 stock transactions!

Anyone who says it is a Schwab problem or a TT problem does not know what they are talking about.   Both parties need to troubleshoot this together and figure out what is going on.

(I wonder if the large number of  transactions I have is messing TT up.  I was able to import from another institutions which had only a few transactions.)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies