Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am getting error code 605 when trying to use the on-line code provided after downloading the product to do my second return. How to I fix and activate the product?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

I am getting error code 605 when trying to use the on-line code provided after downloading the product to do my second return. How to I fix and activate the product?

If you receive an error code that says, "The license code you entered is not valid. Error code: XXX", it means the code you're entering is either not valid for that product or is no longer active. Check that you're entering the code exactly as it appears on your CD insert or copy and paste it directly from your Downloads.

If you receive a error code with a message saying, “All available activation's for that code have been used,” that means your code has already been used the maximum number of times, and therefore can’t be used to install the software on another computer. TurboTax can be installed on up to five computers using the same license code. If you have not used it on five computers then contact us for assistance.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Skeeter56

I am getting error code 605 when trying to use the on-line code provided after downloading the 2019 Turbotax Business program. What does this mean

I downloaded 2019 Turbotax Home and Business for a joint return for my wife and yesterday and it loaded fine but today I am trying to download the BUsiness version and it will not load and says I have a 605 error code. What is this.

I purchased both of these programs on Amazon.

PLease reply.

S. Ted Sketo

Dan Tuck

I have searched for similar occurrences.  Only corrective action that I found, says to check entry of code.  I have cut and paste.  Still no joy.   

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

@Dan Tuck An error 605 means your license code was input incorrectly or is no longer valid. 

Please contact TurboTax support for assistance.

What is the TurboTax phone number?

Lee912

How do I activate?

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

For assistance with downloading the Turbo Tax Desktop, please click here

If you need further assistance, please click here to contact customer support. 

How do I activate?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies