Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have entered all the info from my 1099-NEC form and it's still telling me it's missing info. There is literally nothing left for me to answer. Any help??

it's a lawsuit settlement which I checked off and still not good enough...don't know how to proceed
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
SamS1
Expert Alumni

I have entered all the info from my 1099-NEC form and it's still telling me it's missing info. There is literally nothing left for me to answer. Any help??

Delete the 1099-NEC and add the amount under Less Common Income.  After you have logged in and are in your return:

• If you do not see all the income categories, Click on the "Add additional income"
  • Now scroll to the bottom of the income screen and click "Show More" next to the Less Common Income category
  • Scroll to the bottom and click "Start" the Miscellaneous Income
  • Scroll to the bottom for "Other Reportable Income" then "Start"
  • There you will see "Taxable Court Settlements" indicate Yes and follow the screens to report your proceeds on the1099-NEC

Do not input the 1099-NEC on any screens in TurboTax.  Enter the amount on the 1099-NEC through the Miscellaneous Income Screens.

The 1099 Series are informational reporting forms submitted to the IRS by third parties. The IRS then matches the form information to your tax return to insure all income is reported and taxed.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies