Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jthorn19

What is the process? I bought the software. I loaded it on the computer. I can not use it.

I need Personal help. I can not get started inputting information. I am really frustrated wiith this Turbo TAx.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

What is the process? I bought the software. I loaded it on the computer. I can not use it.

Does your computer meet the system requirements?  

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/system-requirements/help/minimum-system-requirements-for-turbotax-...

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/system-requirements/help/minimum-system-requirements-for-turbotax-...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

Are you experiencing technical issues with the software, or do you require general help with preparing and filing your tax return?

If it's technical help you need, please reply to this thread and tell us more about the issue you're experiencing.  For example, what do you mean by "I can not get started inputting information?"

We offer TurboTax Live for general help with preparing your taxes.  This service gives you live access to a tax expert when you need it.  TurboTax Live is available for TurboTax Online customers only.  Please call to discuss your options for switching products.  To speak with a TurboTax Expert, refer to the instructions here:  How do I contact TurboTax?

Reference:  How do I get TurboTax Live? - Intuit

@jthorn19 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Did it install?  Did you enter the 16 digit License Code to activate it?  What do you see on the screen?  Are you on Windows or Mac?  Looks like you are posting from the Online web version and not the installed Desktop program.  

Vedvig

How I can use the desktop version to work on line. Can that be transferred to on line so I keep the record on line for future.

@Vedvig When you use the desktop software the tax returns and tax files are stored on your own hard drive.  They are not--and cannot be--stored in your online account with TurboTax.  So---use a back up device like a flash drive or an external hard drive so that you do not lose your return in the event of a computer crash.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

@Vedvig wrote:

How I can use the desktop version to work on line. Can that be transferred to on line so I keep the record on line for future.

No, the desktop edition cannot be used with the TurboTax online editions.  The desktop and online editions are totally separate programs with different price points.

rgbilow
Returning Member

This is a step by step process.  Open Program and start a new return.  Then it walks you through from there.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies