Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AT44

2023 PRWS & T2043 Forms

Both The Principal Residence Worksheet (PRWS) and the "Return of Fuel Charge Proceeds Tax to Farmers Tax Credit" (T2043) automatically appear in the list of Forms under "The Forms Method" AND the empty forms are

automatically printed when the return is saved or printed. This is despite closing all unused forms and specifying that all unused forms NOT be printed. I live in an apartment, in an urban centre ... so would not have need nor specify either of these forms are applicable to me. Can you tell me how to close both these forms and not have them automatically printed? Thanks.

5 Replies

2023 PRWS & T2043 Forms

In forms mode, go to the form you want to delete.

1. Select Edit > Forms > Clear Forms from the top menu
  2. Select Edit > Forms > Close Unused Forms from the top menu
  3. If you have a spouse with the un-needed form, repeat the steps above

Please see the image below for steps to follow.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

gump
Level 2

2023 PRWS & T2043 Forms

I'm aware of the "Clear Forms" functionality and I've replicated the provided steps below.

I've also made sure to clear any overrides (even if I never did override any form).

This has been an issue for a few years because I first encountered the problem with these forms staying open even when not being used when starting my son's 1st tax return which had no carry forward and a single T4 to enter.

They shouldn't 'stay open', nor be printed. As well, they stay present when clicking on the "Forms" so they unnecessarily complicate the tax preparation process. 

As well, the Climate Action Incentive form is open when the taxpayer isn't 19, doesn't have a spouse or children.

Finally, Schedule ON(S12) the Ontario Seniors' Home Safety Tax Credit form is open and gets printed. Absolutely no reason it should be and yet I see it year after year for my teenage sons. 

2023 PRWS & T2043 Forms

Thank you for your feedback, we value your opinion and will share this information with the proper TurboTax team.

gump
Level 2

2023 PRWS & T2043 Forms

Thank you for responding.

I would love to see the TT code base cleaned up for these really small issues. I understand that you don't *want* to touch code that has been stable for years, but it wouldn't be hard to add some check statements to avoid these embarrassing mistakes.

See you same time next year to see if you've fixed it....

2023 PRWS & T2043 Forms

Thank you for your feedback. It is appreciated.