Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2023 standard edition opens a blank screen

Solutions need to be detailed not assumed.

Sorry I mispoke on it being bluetooth. My pc has a wired ethernet connection and also a wireless option (dell system) that I dont have to run a cable to it. When i disable the wired connection, and the pc switched to wireless, turbotax's pop up window for inputing the registration key worked flawlessly. I had this issue in the past where I was not able to upload pictures to facebook in bulk and found that when i disabled the wired card in the pc that it switched to wireless and worked. I tracked that down further to the wired card using the killer settings in windows 11 and when i disabled the killer settings using task manager all worked as intended. As soon as reboot happened and killer was enabled by windows the wired connection went into slug mode. Killer does something in the background that prioritizes the connections and it actually ends up crippling some applications and makes them unusable.

also to say you disagree with a solution when that solution worked is slightly ignorant....

@mascf Shawn is a user, not a TurboTax employee. 

Any solutions provided to the community needs to be detailed, and it was you who made the assumption about how he was able to connect to the Internet to register the software.  If support does not find the root cause of this issue and fix it we will likely face the same issue next year!

@shawn2023can   I have over 30 years of IT experience investigating issues.  Merely disabling your NIC and using another device to connect to the Internet could have also been related to IPv6.   You did not provide enough details in your original post.  There is nothing ignorant about questioning your solution when you only said you disabled your NIC and used bluetooth instead.

In my case the Killer settings were not the cause of the issue on my computer, it was solely IPv6.

I’ve been troubleshooting IT issues from the time I plugged my first Commodore 64 into a phone jack 🙂 That being said I’m actually a plumber in real life and I found that when s#%t doesn’t roll down hill like it’s supposed to you check for a blockage. Seems to apply to pc issues just the same. In this case I really don’t think it’s a turbotax issue I believe it’s a windows Ethernet control

issue ie Killer. 

I am an IT professional and I've been working in IT for over 30 years.  This is a Turbo Tax issue when this only became an issue in this years release of the software, and this is the first year Intuit eliminated the offline registration.   Intuit needs to identify the root cause and fix it so it doesn't occur again next year, or reinstate the offline registration method.

sprotter

I was having the same issue and tried everything in this post. Then I saw this about the VPN and so got back on the VPN (I initially turned it off thinking it might cause issues) and voila...it finally worked and I was able to see the registration box etc. It seems very strange that one has to be on a VPN for this to work!

Aurelia2

Had the same issue. Spent way too much time trying to get this to work. Why not suggest in your FAQs to try turning on VPN. This worked for me. Why launch faulty software and expect your customers to come up solutions to try. Very frustrating.