Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KDtax2023

2023 Tax year - moved from Quebec to BC - QC Provincial tax forms not showing

Hello,

I'm trying to get a Quebec netfile to show on my 2023 return as it seems like I have to file a provincial tax return with revenue Quebec for 2023 as I was a resident with them from Jan2023 to June 2023.

I moved to BC July 2023 start working AUG 2023 to present in BC. therefore, as at December 31, 2023, I selected my residence province as BC. 

Based on another post, where an individual moved from Quebec to Ontario in 2022, Turbotax did advise that Revenue Quebec would require to file provincial form for 2022 to Revenue Quebec 

You will complete your return using TurboTax. It will allow you to enter both Ontario and Quebec information as you enter your information slips. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

‎March 21, 2023 8:19 AM

Consequently, while i entered my T4 slips and Releve 1 slips turbotax, filed a Netfile to CRA, I did not receive any options to file a Netfile to Revenue Quebec. I looked over the Provincial forms and only saw forms for BC. 

I can see that Turbotax recognizes that Quebec slips have been entered as I can see RL-1 slips were keyed in manually by myself. However, I can't find any way to create any forms for Revenue Quebec or how to Netfile to Revenue Quebec.

Thanks,
KD

1 Reply

2023 Tax year - moved from Quebec to BC - QC Provincial tax forms not showing

Please review the Revenu Quebec information to see if you have to file an RQ tax. Situations in which you must file a Québec income tax return

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.