Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Winkace

Accessing your assistance while living overseas

I am a dual citizen living in Australia but when I try to set up an account it only lists Canadian provinces for my residential address.  Is there some way to get around this so I can use your services?  Am I able to telephone someone to discuss this further?

4 Replies

On the top of the Contact info page, please select "Yes" to the question "Is your mailing address outside Canada?". Then you can enter a non-Canadian address.

Winkace

Thanks for that. On the INTUIT Account Profile page I was able to enter my Australian mailing address, however, when logging into the TurboTax Canada pages, when it requests you to enter your mailing address, it still only shows Canadian provinces etc.

I entered some “Canadian” details to see if at the end of those pages, I could find the “Contact info” page, but I could not.  Hence, I cannot see the question "Is your mailing address outside Canada?".

The TurboTax pages then ask me to enter details about my spouse, but she is not a Canadian citizen, so would not be on the CRA database.  I am not sure how I can complete those forms now.

If you email me a telephone phone number, I am happy to call during your work hours so we can ‘walk though it’.   Thank you.

Are you using TurboTax CD/Download? If so it doesn't have the "Is your mailing address outside Canada?" question. But if you answered that you were a non-resident on the page that asked what province you are in, then it should allow you to enter a non-Canadian address.

You can use 000000000 for your spouse's SIN number. You can enter her income in Canadian dollars or say “YES” when it asks if her income was zero. If you don’t know what her income is, then you will need to say “NO” to the spousal amount. 

If you would like to contact our phone support team, you can call them at 1-888-829-8608. Their hours are currently 9 AM to 6 PM EST (Toronto).

Winkace

Thank you for your suggestions.

I am not using the TurboTax CD/Download, I am simply trying to complete my INTUIT TurboTax account online.

The Online version of the INTUIT TurboTax account seems to assume you are a Canadian resident, at least for part of the tax year, so wants a Canadian mailing address.  (It was the INUIT Profile, which is separate to the INTUIT TurboTax account, that allowed me to enter my Australian mailing address.)  

I will call the number you provided during their working hours and see if they can help me. Thanks again.