Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Recovery Request

OMG. When I signed in using my email, I had 3 account, 2 of which I could signed in easily. One of which had my 2019 and 2020 returns. I tried to sign into the other account but I don't have access to the phone number on file.  I submitted requests to change my phone number twice, including my driver license then passport. Both didn't work.

Case number [phone number removed]: I submitted my driver license, TurboTax replied "After researching, we are unable to find any information in our records linking your name to that account associated with either the User ID or Email address you provided."

I literally entered the email that I used to log into the account, which listed 3 different accounts. I could not log into one of them because I don't have the access to the phone number to receive a verification code. So I submitted a request to change the phone number. I entered both this email and the account listed. How could you not find information linking to my name and the ID and email? Are you kidding me? I can log in with THE EMAIL AND ID that I entered.

Case number [phone number removed]: I submitted my passport, TurboTax said that "the document provided was not one of the documents that we accept as proof of identity." WTF? then why would you list passport as one of the options then? Are you retarded?

In both cases, my names on my driver license and passport match the names on the 2019 and 2020 returns. I didn't change my name. This is so frustrating.

3 Replies

Account Recovery Request

I have sent your request over to the department that looks after account recovery.

Unfortunately, after verifying they came back to say that they couldn't confirm it was you as you didn't put your full name (first and last name) on your account- but put an email address. 

You will need to continue to sign into the account that you can sign into. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Account Recovery Request

It's me John. Thanks for replying. Brenda.

Is there anyway to access to the filed return? I have NETFILE confirmation number. I need to download my previous returns because I didn't save them when I filed.

Account Recovery Request

Yes, you can sign in to MyAccount with the Canada Revenue Agency to view and print your past returns. Please follow this link to do so: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency.html

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.