Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Because your return includes investment income, you need to upgrade before we can file

I have no investment income.  I have RRSP contributions, but it says the free version covers RRSP contributions.  This is before importing from CRA. So why is it asking me to upgrade?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Because your return includes investment income, you need to upgrade before we can file

The T5 is the Statement of Investment Income, so you would need to use TurboTax Premier Online or higher.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Do you have capital losses that have carried forward from your return from last year?

No.

I have a T5.

The T5 is the Statement of Investment Income, so you would need to use TurboTax Premier Online or higher.

It's just interest from a bank account.  That doesn't seem right, but someone pointed me to another company and I'm almost done there.  If it doesn't work out, I'll continue, but I think you finally lost a customer after more than 10 years.

I came upon your post after googling about the same situation. Another long-term customer lost here - doesn't seem right to have to upgrade for a simple T5.

Did my taxes 20 minutes later with another company.  Just a breeze.  They did ask for money at the end but I refused and left a detailed comment about how good their product is.