Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Becoming non resident - Turbo Tax not updating fields or filling in Statement of World Income

My daughter moved to US Jan 2022 and trying to complete tax filing for income she earned in January.

Have clearly indicated her date of departure and new address in US. On the Personal Information Worksheet entered information about her wife (American citizen who has never lived in Canada - lived apart until daughter got Green Card). Indicated the income for both of them for period after my daughter moved .

On the worksheet I had to override the field pro-rate refundable credits (otherwise the maximum personal credit rather than credit for 28 days she lived in Canada.

Printed return to submit to CRA. The Statement of World Income (5013-SA E (22) was printed and all fields (except non resident status) was blank - even Net Income from line 23600 of your return (which had a value)

How do I fix this? Help

2 Replies

Becoming non resident - Turbo Tax not updating fields or filling in Statement of World Income

Please contact the CRA for information regarding your case as it is very complex. They will be able to assist you with the many questions which will need to be answered in order to give you proper direction.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

I spoke to TurboTax and was able to determine what to do but not intuitive.

As a non resident required to complete Schedule A (Statement of World Income) and Schedule B Allowable Non-Refundable Federal Tax Credits.

On Schedule A line 1 (to be populated with line 23600 net income from your T1) this amount cannot be changed or overridden. TurboTax does not populate until other amounts are manually entered. e.g. once I entered an amount on Line 6 (employment income outside of Canada) line 1 was populated. This Schedule A does not populate the data entered on the Personal Information Worksheet.

Once Schedule A is completed amounts on Schedule B are populated from information on Schedule A and T1. Do not check box to prorate credit on the Personal Information Worksheet. Your non refundable credits will be calculated based on dates entered on 1st page of T1.