Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
e-c-o
Returning Member

Bought TurboTax Live Full Service Basic - unable to receive call internationally to

I purchased TurboTax Live Full Service Basic 2023 in order to complete my taxes; however, I did not realise at the time of purchase that I would be unable to use my UK mobile number to receive a call to talk with an expert. 

1. Is there any way I can receive help via phone call internationally to assist with preparing/reviewing my return?

2. If not, am I able to receive help from expert without the call (ie. share screen capabilities)?

Appreciate the help.

7 Replies

Bought TurboTax Live Full Service Basic - unable to receive call internationally to

Unfortunately, the Tax Experts are not able to call outside of Canada. To start the screen sharing process, they would need to call you first.

e-c-o
Returning Member

Ok thank you for clarifying. I've submitted a request for a refund as I won't be able to use this service. How can I clear my return to start over without this service? 

And given my situation (living abroad), is there a service that would allow me to receive an expert's help on my return?

You would have to start a new return, as the Full Service option can't be removed on an existing return.

The other Tax Expert service we have is Assist & Review, but they have the same limitations as Full Service, in that they can't call outside of Canada.

e-c-o
Returning Member

Okay I appreciate you clarifying. Is there any option available to me through Turbotax to get assistance on my return as I complete it abroad? Is the support line my only option?

Yes, you can use the support line if you are able call the number (1-888-829-8608) from the UK. Or you can ask questions here in the forum.

e-c-o
Returning Member

Okay great - thank you. Do I need to wait until the refund is issued for the full service basic service I purchased in order to cancel/clear the return?

Am I able to start a new review while this is pending?

You can start a new return right away. You won't be able to delete your current return until you make another one.