Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Box 30000 incorrect amount

Hello,

I'm using TurboTax Premier online and for Box 30000, I saw "If the amount on line 23600 is $165,430 or less, enter $15,000.". For some reasons, TurboTax online didn't put $15000 in Box 30000 even though my 23600 is less than $165,430. Where can I manually change this amount in Turbox Tax online version?

Thanks,

Andy

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Unfortunately our Online software does not have the Forms View availability. You can only see the lines in the Detailed Tax Summary by following these steps: 

1. Click on the arrow beside 2023 TAX REFUND or 2023 BALANCE DUE from the menu
  2. Select View detailed tax summary
  3. The Detailed Tax Summary ledger appears, displaying your detailed tax summary and information

Line 30000: Basic personal amount

TurboTax automatically claims this amount for you if you are eligible.

For the current tax year, the basic personal amount is $15,000.

Note: If the amount on line 23600 (total net income) is $235,675 or more, the basic personal amount may drop to $13,520.

If you immigrated to or emigrated from Canada during the tax year, your claim is prorated for the time you were a resident of Canada. For details, see Newcomers to Canada.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

As seen in the image below, the amount entered will have been calculated by the software and entered up to a maximum of $15000.

Hello,

Thanks for the update below. As I mentioned, even my amount line is 23600 is less than $165,430, Line 1 below should be $15,000 right? However, TurboTax online didn't put $15,000 but another amount which is less than $15,000. Then my question is how to update the Line 1 # in TurboTax Online

Thanks,

Andy

Unfortunately our Online software does not have the Forms View availability. You can only see the lines in the Detailed Tax Summary by following these steps: 

1. Click on the arrow beside 2023 TAX REFUND or 2023 BALANCE DUE from the menu
  2. Select View detailed tax summary
  3. The Detailed Tax Summary ledger appears, displaying your detailed tax summary and information

Line 30000: Basic personal amount

TurboTax automatically claims this amount for you if you are eligible.

For the current tax year, the basic personal amount is $15,000.

Note: If the amount on line 23600 (total net income) is $235,675 or more, the basic personal amount may drop to $13,520.

If you immigrated to or emigrated from Canada during the tax year, your claim is prorated for the time you were a resident of Canada. For details, see Newcomers to Canada.

Thanks. That would explain the pro-rated amount

You're welcome.