Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fitness2
Returning Member

Bug Fix Needed: Can't Change Quebec Schedule D Person Living Alone

There is a bug that prevents me from changing the status from person living alone from Yes to No.  My mother-in-law was living alone but then got transferred to a nursing home so that status changed for the Quebec Solidarity Tax Credit Schedule D for person living alone. However, a Turbotax bug prevents me from changing the status. After spending about an hour with a very diligent Turbotax support agent searching different solutions, the one that worked and was also validated by senior tech support was to override it with F2 and force the change.  Tech support validated that it would not cause the Netfile later on to crash or cause an error because of this forced change. In the next iteration of fixes and future versions, please fix this bug to allow the selection of the change in status of person living alone.  Thanks.

1 Reply

Bug Fix Needed: Can't Change Quebec Schedule D Person Living Alone

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will mention it to our development team and if the issue has not already been solved, will work on a fix in a future update.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.