Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harold33
Returning Member

Calculating Form 8962 Repayment of Excess Advance Payment of the Premium Tax Credit Line 28 Repayment Limitation 2021 Tax Year

Tax year 2021 question.  I have read the IRS instructions for Form 8962 and the instructions state if your FPL (Line 5) is calculated above 400% (Turbo Tax puts 401% for anything over 400%) then Line 27 APTC must be repaid in full.  However, Turbo Tax Deluxe is entering 2,700 as the Repayment Limitation (Line 28) for MFJ even though Line 5 is showing 401%.  The 2,700 cannot be overridden.  How is this determined and is this an error?  Based on the instructions this appears to be an error.  Please help.

I picked Turbo Tax CD or Download Premier even though I'm using Turbo Tax Deluxe.  Deluxe was not an option in the dropdown. 

1 Reply

Calculating Form 8962 Repayment of Excess Advance Payment of the Premium Tax Credit Line 28 Repayment Limitation 2021 Tax Year

This is the support site for the Canadian TurboTax. For assistance with U.S. versions of TurboTax, please visit the website for TurboTax USA.