Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculation Errors in 2024 Software Forms

I had to override the following due to software referring to wrong lines/amounts to make calculations: 

Form HBP

- line 23 "Minimum required payment for 2023" refers to full balance to be repaid on line 10 (left) and NOT the minimum repayment amount of line 10 (right). 

Form T2209(S)

- line 12 does NOT result in the addition of lines 3 and 11 but seems to refer to Basic Federal Tax amount (line8 )

Form T2209(1)

- line 12 does NOT result in the addition of lines 3 and 11 but seems to refer to Basic Federal Tax amount (line8 )

5 Replies

To help you with this, here is our TurboTax FAQ. Please follow the steps: How do I enter my Home Buyers' Plan repayment information in TurboTax?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Thank you. The information is correctly entered, but the software (not online version) refers to the incorrect amount and it therefore needs to be manually overriden using F2 to be accurate. 

Thank you for your feedback- we will be sure to let our engineers know. Can you please let us know if you were able to successfully file your return?

No it would not be possible to e-file due to the 3 manual overrides. I will either wait for an update correcting this or print and mail the returns in. Thanks, a. 

We have tried to replicate your issue with the T2209(1) which is equivalant to the T2209(S) as the S is the summary of the T2209- It added up boxes 3 and 11 together which then showed on line 12. 

The HBP line 10 is equal to line 23. We did not find any issues there either. 

Can you please send us a copy of your issues (pictures) in a private message, so that we can take a look for you?