Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i get assistance with my return when I now live in the UK?

I upgraded to an assisted return and am filing as a Non-resident and turbo tax is now telling me that I don't qualify for assisted return. But I am unable to cancel it, and therefore can't proceed with my return
2 Replies

Unfortunately, once you have upgraded or added features to your TurboTax return, there is no way to downgrade or remove the extra features. You would need to create a new return to go back to the original product. 

To start a new return, select “Start a New Return” from under “My Returns” in the top left corner. Once you have started your new return, you can select “View All Returns” from under “My Accounts & Returns”. Then delete the unwanted return by clicking the small Trash Can next to it or “Delete” under the return’s name.

Please note that neither Assist & Review nor Full Service can help with Non-resident or expatriate returns.

not a satisfactory response, after many hours of work, I have to reenter all my data in a new return. I won't be using this software again this year or in future.