Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnAT7

Can I just enter my revenu quebec identification number and file number then leave the rest blank as an uberx driver under the "for quebec residents" page?

This page came right after entering the industry code 485990 then clicking continue.
2 Replies

Can I just enter my revenu quebec identification number and file number then leave the rest blank as an uberx driver under the "for quebec residents" page?

I would advise that you fill out as much of that form relating to your provincial amounts as possible, have a close look at all the information requested, I am sure there is something provincially you can enter - like a name of the financial institution that handles your transactions, as an example.  If you have already entered the information on the first page and there is no provincial details that need to be entered, then yes, put in your Quebec Identification Number & file number and move forward.

Please review the information provided below for further assistance:

Footnote: As a self-employed individual, you may feel a bit overwhelmed with the tax process,  you choose to do it yourself or you can contact our team of experts that will assist you with your SE needs, please click on this link for further assistance from one of our professionals.

TurboTaxLynda
Intuit Alumni

As a Uber driver, you are considered self-employed.  As such, you have to complete federal form T2125 and provincial form TP-80 in Québec.  Unless you registered a different name for your self-employed work for Uber you will fill the identification section of those forms with your personal information.  In the online version of TurboTax that information is entered under the Income --> Self-Employment section.

I hope this information can help you.